Dish alignment issue possibly?

I need some help,I wanted to ask if there is anyway for you to tell if I have an issue with dish alignment and dish to modem connection? This issue has come up before but I thought it had cleared up , we have a tech scheduled to hopefully come out Saturday. We have internet but my daughter noticed it was running slower than normal. And when I ran diagnostics it said dish alignment and dish to modem issue. When this happened before it was a cloudy day and after the rain and clouds cleared up it seemed to fix itself because I ran diagnostics after and it showed everything was fine.

Hi @marilynr079,

Sorry to hear about this bad experience.

Do you know when this most recent bad connectivity started? Is it recent?
We use two different tools to detect if the antenna is mispointed, one of them indicates the possibility of a mispoint but the other one has no indication.

I can see the tech visit you mentioned created on our system, you can let the technician know about the possibility of a mispoint, and he will be able to fix it for you if that’s the case.

To better understand the speeds you are experiencing please do the following:

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices.

You can see a full tutorial at: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?.

Please let me know once you’ve run a few of these tests.

Thank you,
Avner

I used the viasat browser and ran the speed test you mentioned just now and this was my results

Thank you for running the test @marilynr079 .

I can see that your download is good but you have a poor upload which is a common symptom of antenna mispoint even though there are other possible reasons.

I could reproduce similar results on my end:

But something I noticed is that there is that “Need More Diagnostics” card that should have been replaced my a speed test from your modem.

Are you certain you used the Viasat Browser to run this test? Also, what kind of device are you using?

Thank you,
Avner

Yes,I downloaded the viasat browser ,and ran the speed test on it ,I saw the sped test option in the homepage of the viasat browser. I was on my iPhone when I ran the test we only have the one pyramid router from viasat as well

I just saw now where in your post to me earlier it says it’s not iPhone compatible so maybe that was the issue when I ran the test ? I’m sorry I should’ve seen that and missed it ,the only other device is my daughters pc and she isn’t able to run the test for me at the moment but maybe she could.

Indeed, being on an iPhone explains the fact we are not able to see the speed tests from your modem.

That test is interesting for us to check if you have any Wi-Fi issues, generally indicated by a large difference between the speeds from your device and your modem.

Your test indicates a good download speed so I’d say we can almost discard that possibility, the bad upload is also consistent with the test I ran. I’d say that it would be interesting for us if you ran some tests on your daughter’s PC so we can have the full diagnosis, but don’t worry so much about it if that’s not a possibility at the moment.

This is just part of the troubleshooting so we can guarantee you don’t have other issues apart from what looks to be a mispointed antenna.

If you’re able to run those tests at a certain point you can let us know!

Thank you,
Avner

Hi @marilynr079,

My system shows that your tech visit was successfully completed on Dec 23rd.

Upon running a speed test from your modem I see better results, now with a good upload speed:

Can you confirm if you can see the same speeds on your side? Did the tech visit solve the issues you were facing?

Thank you,
Avner

Hi @marilynr079,

Since you still haven’t replied to my last post, and upon seeing better results on your speeds, I’ll consider this case solved.

Please let us know otherwise, so we can assist you further if needed.

Thank you,
Avner

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply,I believe the issue is fixed. My only other issue at the moment is I can’t run any diagnostics in the viasat app because the help portion doesn’t load or says account suspended when my account is paid and not suspended. Message goes away and it reloads the app front page but when I go to help it will not load diagnostics at all

I may need to look into the same issue again if someone can reply to this ,not sure since I cannot run diagnostics since the app isn’t letting me I keep getting an internet service suspended message in the help section of the app and my service isn’t suspended. My daughter has noticed some issues when streaming again and before it was because of an alignment issue I’m hoping someone can look into my account and see if they notice anything again ? Thanks

Hello @marilynr079

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Some things I’d like to check about your account:

1. I see that you have the add-on “Viasat Stream” since March of 2023, but have never plugged in your hub – did you actually receive this Hub?

2. There was a massive drop in signal quality earlier today, at approximately 3 AM EST to 9 AM EST – did you happen to notice any offline events during those hours? It looks as though this was caused by bad weather around your location.

3. I noticed you’ve had prior calls to Customer Care and they confirmed that your account was not suspended. Do you have any screenshots of when this suspension warning showed up for you? Is that still happening?

4. You mentioned that your daughter has noticed issues when streaming – could you run a test on fast.com whenever that happens? This is a speed test for video download speeds only, developed by Netflix.

Netflix’s Video Streaming Speed Test:

Go to fast.com on any browser and wait for the test to run. It’ll look like this when finished:

:exclamation: Make sure to click on “Show More Info” to show the rest of the result:

PS: We don’t have access to your fast.com results,

So please copy and paste them here, or send us a screenshot. :wink: