Slow speed hovering around 12mbs

slow internet speed. it is hovering around 12mbs

Hi @johnstoever

We’ve identified a possible fix for your issue, and made some changes to your network configuration.

These changes will be in full effect exactly 1 hour from now.

After that, could you please run more speed tests, whenever possible?

Thank you!

No the speed still sucks. Had a tech out he said the signal is good the software viasat is using is the problem. The speed has been bad ever since I switched to he unlimited plan. If this continues I will need to look at other optins.

1 Like

Hi @johnstoever

I had a look at your Speedchecks, and there seems to be a discrepancy between your Modem’s speeds and your Device’s speeds, on some of the tests.

Do you happen to have an Ethernet cable with which you could run another few Speedchecks?

The computer is attached to an ethernet cable to the modem. I am not using the wireless.

thanks

Hi @johnstoever ,

I’ve escalated your case to one of our teams and once we have any updates we’ll let you know.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Leo, I appreciate you looking into this as I do not want to make a change but download speed of about 17mg on the average is not acceptable.

Thank you

Hi @johnstoever

I see that most of your Speedchecks with very slow results were done during the night, so this could be tied to the evening peak period congestion.

The other tests run during the morning or afternoon (after we made the change in your network configuration) seem to be better:

To verify this, could you please run another few advanced Speedchecks, but during different times of the day?

PS: We’ve also identified some drops in your connection, and we’re currently waiting to hear back from one of our internal teams regarding this.

Hi @johnstoever ,

we were reinvestigating your issue and we’ve noticed your modem has been online continuously for a long time, which might cause some performance issues. If possible, could you kindly reboot it and verify if that improves the situation?

Thanks,
Leonardo