SLOW SPEED and Paying Way Too Much

Why am I paying for up to 75 mpbs and only getting 5 mbps? This is absolutely ridiculous. In my area the only provider available is CenturyLink and all I could get is 20 mpbs. I never got to that speed; however, most of the time I got 10 mbps and it is FASTER than Viasat and definitely cost way less. Luckily, I still have service with my previous provider. Viasat, do something to fix this!!!

Hi @luiszamora820 ,

I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Viasat service.

I’ll be taking a look at your case and we’ll come back with updates soon.

Thank you,
Avner

Hi @luiszamora820 ,

Upon taking a look at our system I realized that your antenna is mispointed.

I’ll schedule a tech visit so someone can fix it for you.

I’ll also send a DM asking for your best contact number.

Thank you,
Avner

Hi @luiszamora820,

Upon checking our system I see that your tech visit scheduled for yesterday was completed.

How did that go?

I ran a speed test from your modem and I see a good result:

Did you also notice an improvement in your service?

Thank you,
Avner

Hello Avner. Yes, the technician came by this past Monday afternoon and stated the dish was barely off and only one light was red and all others were green. He said he made a minor adjustment and that all lights are now green. That being said, although the download speed is much greater than before, it still takes several seconds to load any webpage on my Macbook Pro and for it to fully load compared to my previous provider (less than 20mbps) which loaded much faster. I have not tried streaming any movies/videos on my TVs to see if there’s any improvement and if there’s still buffering occurring. I’m not sure which site you used to run a speed test, but I ran speed tests from several sites and the attached screenshot is the highest I got around 9:00 a.m. this morning, not near to what you showed me.

Any idea on the loading of webpages and why it takes a bit longer than before?

Thank you,

Luis Zamora

Hi @luiszamora820 ,

We’ll keep investigating your issue. For us to have a better understanding of your experience you should run some tests on our app “Viasat SpeedCheck”. You can follow this tutorial: How to run a speed test from my modem?.

Please make sure to run a few tests during different times of the day, also, you will see more details on the tutorial, but you should use the Viasat Browser and also log in to your MyViasat account to be able to run both speed tests from your modem and from your device.

Please reply to this topic once you’ve run does tests.

Thank you,
Avner