ViaSat Modem Config issue

Hi,

I just had the ViaSat modem replaced last week & the replacement modem is configured differently than the old modem, therefore is not functional (not working) on our network.

The old ViaSat modem was connected to WAN 2 of the Cisco Router as a backup or 2nd Internet provider.
When the fiber Internet connection on WAN 1 went down, it would automatically fail over to WAN 2 which the ViaSat is connected to. When the fiber Interment came back online, the Internet connection would switch back over to the WAN 1 connection.

I troubleshot the new ViaSat modem & observed it is setup as NAT, it will assign a Private IP address of 192.168.1.100 to a device connected to its RJ45 port. This will not work on our network.

I need for the new ViaSat modem to Assign a WAN IP (dynamic or static) address such as (172.242.54.29) to the device connected to the RJ 45 port. Need NAT turned off.

How can we get this issue resolved?

Thank you

[admin’s notes: redacted private data]

Hi, @ecompantaz_vsat,

I’m checking that now, once I have some feedback I’ll let you know.

Thanks!

@ecompantaz_vsat,

We just set your modem into bridge mode. It will take about 15 - 20 mins to take full effect since the modem has to go through reboot cycles.

Let me know when you confirm everything is working well again.

Thanks!

Hi, @ecompantaz_vsat,

Did you confirm if the issue was solved? Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Hi @ecompantaz_vsat

Were you able to successfully configure your modem after the team set it to bridge mode?

If you need any additional assistance, please let us know!

Hi, I just varified the ViaSat modem is now functioning correctly after reconfigured it to
“bridge mode”.

Thank you for your assistance.

-Mike

1 Like