Very poor service, slow speed

I signed for 30Mbps that cost almost $100 and started to use internet 3 days ago, but the service is a nightmare . I cannot watch my TV even when is the only equipment connected. The TV stopped and loading many times. Can someone help me, is not possible that I have to spend that much of money and has this poor service

Hello @Stellarbarros

I’m sorry about this bad experience you’re having with Viasat.

I checked your account and noticed you have the add-on “Enhanced Wi-Fi”, which comes with an ARIA Router.

Do you currently have one of those installed and connected to your Viasat modem?

Hello

I didn’t see any add-on to “Enhanced Wi-Fi” with an ARIA Router.

Attached you can see the images of what was deliver to us. The installation man only the left the router. Nothing else.

Could you please clarify what is this Add-on. Because if it’s part of the router already installed, it really doesn’t work.

And as I mentioned, for the price that we are paying, we need at least a reasonable internet (even sending these images via airdrop is difficult)

Regards,
Stella

Hi again @Stellarbarros

I spoke with the Field Operations team and the ARIA Router delivery is unfortunately still pending.

The Enhanced Wi-Fi add-on serves to amplify your modem’s Wi-Fi signals when on high-speed plans.

Your account is currently on a 30 Mbps plan, so the lack of ARIA is probably not the cause of slow speeds. I asked them to expedite the delivery anyway so that you can reach the maximum speeds of your plan from any distance to the modem.

Your modem at this moment is receiving twice your plan’s speeds:

… Which is a great sign.

Three things I need to check with you:

1. Did you run any speed tests when your TV was not loading?
  2. Is the TV very close to the modem or far away?
  3. Do you have an extra Ethernet cable you can use to connect the TV directly to the modem and check if the TV functions normally?

PS – the Ethernet cable looks like this (regardless of the color):

Hello Nathalia,

It’s incredible how this company say and show whatever they want to the people. When I called to sign a contract the person said to me 30mbps will be enough for 2 computers and 1 TV. First lie.
Now you tell me I’m getting twice the speed on my plan and I can’t even watch TV.

You have to be kiding! Look at the test speed that i just run.

Regards,
Stella

Hi @Stellarbarros

The tests I showed you were the speeds your modem was getting, which is why I asked if you had run any tests before – those tests only give you your device’s speed. We can only see the modem from our side, and you can only see the device on normal tests.

We have a tool that helps check the discrepancies between your modem and device speeds, in which you can see in real-time whether your modem has a Wi-Fi signal issue or any other faults. This is done by running a modem and a device speed test at the same time.

When you have time, can you please run a few tests using the guide below?

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices. If you don’t have an Android mobile device, please run the test on a computer.

I am sorry Nathalia, but that means only with Viasat browser I can see a good speed. Please I need an internet that at least me deixe navegar 2 computers and 1 TV.
If you have to send a technician to my house, do it ASAP

Hi @Stellarbarros

The Viasat Browser is only the platform in which the speed check runs because we need to access your modem’s speeds during the test. It doesn’t mean that you see good speeds because it’s our tool – but if you see good speeds on the modem test and bad speeds on the device test, it does point to a possible issue.

I’ve asked the team to expedite the delivery of the ARIA.

I am sorry to inform you that the technician come to my house today and the service still the same. My TV is terrible and I cannot trust on anything that your company saying anymore.
I will cancel this service NOW because nothing that you tell us when you sell your service is true.

You deceive people by promising something that doesn’t work.

Hi again @Stellarbarros

Did the tech come to install the ARIA Router?

Were you able to run a Speed Check with the new equipment?

I’m sorry that we couldn’t provide you with a better experience.

While we can see that your modem speeds are good, we understand that this may still not be reflected on your end. That’s why we ask for the tests, but I understand if you’re too frustrated to continue troubleshooting.

If you wish to go ahead with the disconnect, you can cancel your plan with the Customer Care Agents at 855-463-9333 – our Forum team unfortunately can’t cancel for you due to the legal disclaimers that have to be read and agreed to.

Hello Nathalia,
Considering that Viasat doesn’t have customer service email. Here is my email based on all the conversation that I have with you and other representatives, supervisors and account department about my case. Please foward to the responsable department.

As per all our previous conversations, I need to know when I will receive the label to send your equipment back (including the satellite)
As I mentioned many times and also to your supervisors, if your representative lied to me, saying that this internet service will works perfect for 2 computers and 1 TV and is not true, the contract that I verbal signed is not legal. Because my word was based on what i heard from your team, so if they lied this contract is not valid.

Besides of that I explained to your representative (and your team opened a tickect for listen this recorded line - Case # 09235032), myself and my husband work from home, so we stay 2 days have to using our cellular phone hotspot trying to solve our day by day work, what was impossible!

Had saying that, I saw that Viasat already charged my CC for the whole month for the total amount of $ 94.33 (Instalation date: December, 21, 2023 - first complaing December, 24, 2023. Payment Jan 3rd), so this amount more than compensated this 4 days of poor services, and many phone calls and emails that I had to do to cancel this service.

I feel very frustrated and want to return this equipment ASAP.
Please send me the label bacause I do not spend 1 cent more with this untrustabel company. You are responsible for the people that you hire and for all the lies that they promise for your customers.

Regards,
Maria Stella Romualdo