Very low Upload and download speed

Ver low speeds less than 15 mpbs and 1.5 mMbps

Hi @edalvarez ,

I took a look at your account and your speeds at this time look much better:

The speeds you reported are unusually low, you might have a WiFi issue.

When you get a chance can you please use a laptop or Android phone to run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation and allow us to identify what can be affecting your experience.

You can find the instructions on how to run it here: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?

Thanks,
Isabela

Thanks, Isabella,
download speeds are 35 to 45 which is Ok, however, the upload is less than 1 mbps this am.
Is the Wi-Fi issue related to the modem? the Modem is the Viasat WiFi Gateway. Can you test the modem from there? if it is bad, how do I get a replacement?

Hi @edalvarez

The previous screenshot was from your modem’s speeds, and they seem much better than your reported speeds, that’s why we usually ask for the advanced Speedcheck :slight_smile:

This test cross-checks your speeds from modem VS devices, to identify discrepancies in the Wi-Fi signal or long distances (among other issues).

You can follow this guide for the advanced Speedcheck: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?

Please be advised that this test doesn’t work on iPhones :warning:

I can not test the Speed from the Modem. I am not connected to a VPN.

I am only able to test the speed from the device. Laptop.

Hi, @edalvarez,

I was able to see your test results. The last couple of tests had good speeds, are you still seeing bad upload speeds? Does it happen at a certain period of the day?

Another way to check if it’s related to the Wi-Fi is by using a wired connection. If your device is far from the router (which is built inside the modem) the signal gets weak.

If you need the Wi-Fi signal to cover a larger area, you might consider installing an external router. You can find some recommendations from other customers in this post: What router do you use with your Viasat service?