Speeds slow in evening

Every night my speeds drop around the same time. Im paying a lot for thos internet, and I really expected it to be more consistent.

I pay for 100mbps 500gb at 300 a month cmon now

Hi @wisegolf91,

Sorry about this experience. During the peak busy period (evening hours) speeds can fall due to network congestion.

Were you using an Android phone to run this test? If yes, could you please run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com/ and share the results with us? This will help us identify/rule-out any Wi-Fi issues by comparing the speeds on your device to the speeds on your modem. Here are some additional instructions to run this test: How to run a speed test from my modem?

Thanks,

Nacho

I am using an Android phone to run the speed tests. This is the test I did throught the Viasat browser.

These tests were run over a 20 min span

This test was done at 1am eastern time. This is non peak time im sure, and it is the best I have seen. It really drops a lot during peak times. Is there any way to make it even just a little better? I would love to get at least 30mbps during peak, as I get 100mbps or better during non peak usage.

Hi, @wisegolf91,

Please try the following in order to have better speeds at peak times:

• Remove unnecessary devices from the network: The higher the number of devices connected to the network the less internet each one will have available.
  • Use an ethernet cable: A wired connection can provide a more stable connection
  • Use the 5 GHz frequency: connect to the 5Ghz Wi-Fi signal. It can provide better speeds (at shorter distances from the router)
  • Avoid placing your router near metal objects or appliances: Some metal objects can absorb the Wi-Fi signal, and some electronic equipment can cause interference (microwave ovens, cordless phones, Bluetooth radios, other routers, etc).