Speed under 2 Mbps

I don’t know how many more times I can tell you about the slow speed issue, especially on weekends. Our device speeds are under 2 Mbps. It’s partly cloudy, but that’s fairly standard for Fall. Why can’t ya’ll fix this problem once and for all. either there is a hardware issue because the receiver is misaligned or y’all just throttle customers back even when they have almost 300 GB of high speed data (which should at least be in the 25-35 Mbps range). We can’t do any browsing because it takes a minute for sites to load and then often fails to load links on those sites. Fix the damn issue already.

Hi, @tnag78,

Thanks for your message.

I’m considering some changes in your setup, but that might involve installing new equipment.

I escalated the case, and I’m waiting to know the availability for such a change.

We might have an update on Monday, sorry for the delay in replying. As soon as we have more details we’ll let you know.

Hi @tnag78,

Sorry for the slow reply, we were analyzing some options regarding your case.

Unfortunately, your service area appears to be significantly affected by network congestion, which explains the speeds you have observed.

While we don’t have an immediate solution, our Viasat Engineers are continuously working to relieve congestion within our network so that you can expect improvements in the long term. We were also looking into the possibility of moving you to another satellite but considering your location it unfortunately would result in a bad service.

I understand how frustrating this situation can be, and once again, I’m really sorry for your bad experience. If you face any issues that are not explained by congestion, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Thank you,
Avner