Speed slow since tech did realignment what’s up with that

Speed very slow since tech did realignment

Hi @rodandkathylopp,

I can see you ran a few tests by your other posts, but we’re not able to see them, since they’re not complete speed checks. When you get a chance can you please run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation and allow us to identify/rule out Wi-Fi issues and other factors.

You can find the complete instructions on how to run it here: How to run a speed test from my modem?

Please ensure you’re both using the Viasat browser and also logged in to your My Viasat account on the Speed Check website as well.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Speed Check 1st Result

Speed Check 2nd Result

Hi @rodandkathylopp

I saw your results and I’ll investigate your setup to check if there’s any underlying issue.

Please note that you don’t need to keep creating new topics to reply. I see that you currently have about 8 topics open regarding this original issue.

Whenever you have new results or messages, you can just come to this original topic situated at https://forum.viasat.com/t/speed-slow-since-tech-did-realignment-what-s-up-with-that/3465/ and click “Reply” to the last message.

Here:

Or here:

If you’re answering via an Email inbox, you can also just click Reply on the email you receive, and it’ll automatically create a new Post (not Topic) here on the original conversation. :slight_smile:

This way, we don’t lose your original issue with many duplicates.

Thanks!

Hi @rodandkathylopp

Like my colleague mentioned, all of your results only have the Device speed test, and not the Modem speed test.

Are you running them over the Viasat Browser, while logged in to your Viasat account?

The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices. If you don’t have an Android mobile device, please run the test on a computer.

When you have time, please follow the guide below and let us know if you encounter any problems with the full testing:

• Download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

Hello again @rodandkathylopp

After investigating, I see that your setup has been influenced by a series of recent bad weather around April 8 – 12 with a big signal quality drop, so it’s very likely your antenna became mispointed.

I know you just had a recent service call, but unfortunately your modem is suffering too many drops, and it’s influencing your speeds a lot (as you’ve already noticed).

I’m requesting a service call to check your equipment ASAP.

Hello again @rodandkathylopp

After investigating, I see that your setup has been influenced by a series of recent bad weather around April 8 – 12 with a big signal quality drop, so it’s very likely your antenna became mispointed.

I know you just had a recent service call, but unfortunately your modem is suffering too many drops, and it’s influencing your speeds a lot (as you’ve already noticed).

I’m requesting a service call to check your or reply to this

Ok thank you will they call to set. Up service call

Ok thank you will they call me to set up the service call

Hi @rodandkathylopp

Yes, the Field Operations team will call you as soon as possible to schedule this tech visit with you. They’ll get in touch using the phone number associated with your account.

Hi again @rodandkathylopp

I see that your service call was completed yesterday.

How has your connection been since then?

I must apologize for the delay in resolving your situation.

We initially assumed it to be a mispoint due to the drops from your modem and the bad weather, but after reviewing the technician’s notes from your service call, I was able to identify the problem.

I assume you’ve had no luck getting better speeds during or after the service call, correct? We just rolled out a fix for your network configuration, which should solve this issue.

This fix will be implemented in your account in exactly 1 hour from now, so please wait a bit before running new speed tests.

I’m very sorry again for the mishandling of this case.

Hopefully we will see some great speeds very soon :slight_smile:

It is a little better .not great speeds

Hi @rodandkathylopp

I see that you have not run a new Speedcheck since before the fix was applied on April 23:

Could you run a few tests for us during the day and evening, so we can check the speeds you’re receiving on your end?

Thanks!

No internet connection what is going on heard your satellites our falling that is why connection keeps going down

Hi @rodandkathylopp ,

I’ve replied to you on your new topic: Slow speeds but like everyone else why bother doing speed test doesn’t do any good. Your satellites our faling - #6 by Nathalia

Not speed I have no internet connection since last night

Hi @rodandkathylopp

I have also escalated your issue to the Modem team, in case we can fix this downtime remotely. I’ll keep you posted!

I’ve sent you a private message regarding the connectivity/downtime issue.

As this first topic was about your speeds and it has been solved (as shown by recent speedchecks), I’ll keep it closed for now so we can focus on your recent modem issue.