Slower speeds are using our "priority data"

I'm getting about 5mbps but paying for 75mbps and you are saying that this is my "high speed" data that I'm using.

• Problem description: Slow download speeds
  • What were you doing?: Streaming video (Netflix, Hulu, Disney, ect)

This post was generated on SpeedCheck

Hi @K.Sliger,

Sorry about this experience.

I just ran a test from your modem and I’m seeing good speeds:

During peak busy hours (evening hours) the network can get congested and as a results speeds can decrease around these times.

I see that you ran some tests before, but could you please run a complete speed diagnosis during the day (at any point before 5pm) using https://speedcheck.viasat.com/ and share the results with us? This should help us rule out any Wi-Fi issues.

Thanks,

Nacho

I don’t get home until 6pm every day. If I’m not getting the 75 maps, then it shouldn’t be using my “priority data”. I also understand that during peak hours, it might be a little slower but 10 mbps is only 13% of the speed that we’re supposed to be getting

When I signed up for this service, the sales rep GUARANTEED that we would get 50 mbps download speeds. After a month of back and forth emails and tests I was told that the it was incompatible and then was moved to the 75mbps plan. Now we still aren’t getting the 50mbps

Ran ANOTHER speed test and I'm still getting SIGNIFICANTLY slower speeds than I'm paying for and it's using my priority data.

• Problem description: Slow download speeds
  • What were you doing?: Software updates (Gaming device, laptop, etc)

This post was generated on SpeedCheck

Hi @K.Sliger,

Sorry about the slow reply.

We believe that your issue is unfortunately related to network congestion during the peak busy period. However, we are still investigating other potential root causes, we hope to have an update by tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

Nacho