Slow speeds for 13 months

Hello,

I have been a Viasat customer for 13 months. We NEVER get the “guaranteed” 30Mbps as told. I have a file of screen shots showing the speeds we get with Viasat’s speed test showing this. We have had multiple tech support calls, visits, and equipment replaced.

How can Viasat, in good faith, continue to charge me full price for sub-par service when Viasat is NOT living up to it’s commitment in my contract? Also, how can Viasat, in good faith, continue to expect me to honor the very contract Viasat has breached?

I expect a resolution on this, as well as a phone call explaining this to me.

I hope they help you. I just had equipment changed having the same issues. Good luck .

Hi @tlresar,

Sorry about this experience.

I just ran a test from your modem and at this time the speeds look good:

You mentioned running some tests using the Viasat Speed Test but I couldn’t find any results associated to your account. This might be because you didn’t run a complete speed diagnosis.

When you get a chance can you please use a laptop or Android phone to run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation and allow us to identify/rule out Wi-Fi issues.

You can find the instructions on how to run it here: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?

Thanks,

Yes, I run speed tests most every day. Here is a screen shot from yesterday-
As seen in the test results, we’re only receiving 26.5Mbps. Again, below the guaranteed 30Mbps promised.

Hi @tlresar,

Are you running the test from the modem too? Comparing the 2 results (Device vs. Modem) can help us identify or rule-out Wi-Fi issues.

This is how our Speed Check works:

I am on WiFi using my Android phone to run the speed test. I get almost duplicate results running the speed test on my laptop.

The signal is so low, it appears to need an amplifier of some sort at the dish to increase its strength thereby increasing the speed of the speed test.

Hi @tlresar,

Are you running the speed test from the modem too? Or just the speed test from the device?

It would be great to see a result like this example below:

With that we would be able to tell if the speeds over the Wi-Fi are different from the speeds over a cable (that your modem is getting) and be able to recommend a concrete action.

Hi @tlresar

Do you see this message under the bottom of your screenshot?

This indicates that only the device speed test was finished.

Please let the Advanced Diagnostics test run as well, so we can crosscheck the device speed with your modem speeds :slight_smile:

Thank you!