Slow speeds can't watch Hulu

Created to track @Kendall.kalmus’s issue

Hi @Kendall.kalmus ,

We are very sorry for the situation. I’ve noticed you are out of high-speed data, so I have added you more high-speed data free of charge. You might see a charge for this on your bill, but there will be a credit on the exact same amount so you will not pay any extra for this.

Could you please report if your problem with Hulu improves when using your high-speed data?

Thanks,
Leonardo

I am not happy with this internet service

Hello @Kendall.kalmus

We’re sorry for the experience you’re having with the service. Can you specify for us a bit more about the issue you’re having?

It’s been a long time since you last posted, and your previous problem was the Hulu app not loading at slow speeds – was that fixed by adding more high-speed data to your account?

When you get a chance, can you run a complete speed diagnosis for us? This will allow us to see the speeds you’re receiving on your end, and cross-check them with what we see from your modem. It’ll also help us in ruling out most possible issues with your connection.

Please follow these steps:

• Download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices.

Can’t watch shows without birding every few minutes Slow speeds when working in computer Better off using hotspot on phone to watch tv or work on computer

Can I get some feedback on my email post I am not satisfied on the speeds or connection to laptop or
Anything

Hello @Kendall.kalmus ,

Were you able to run the Full Speed Check over the Viasat Browser? I can’t find any results on your modem’s history.

It’s an important step to start the troubleshooting process.

It’s saying my internet service is suspended on my Viasat app says pay full balance I don’t have a balance Need to get this resolved or I’m cancelling soon

Hi @Kendall.kalmus ,

Do you see that information on the MyViasat app, or when you’re trying to run a speed check?

You’re not suspended and you have $0 balance left to pay, so no worries there.

It’s probably just a bug on the MyViasat app, if you could try reinstalling it, that may solve the problem.

Regardless, please do try to run the Full Speed Check when you have the chance, as it’ll help us see what the issue with your speeds is:

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices.

See it on app I’m not at home now to run a speed check How do I do that

So I have to use my laptop to run the speed check?

Yes, whenever you have the time!