Slow speeds at night

Hello @Mags ,

You currently have 2 other topics open so I’d like to centralize things over here.
You may not have seen the last replies I sent you over both topics, so I’m re-sending them here.

Regarding your question on: Data speed increase - #3

As you go through the month, you may be using up all your high-speed data. This can be seen under “Usage” on your MyViasat app. If you run out of priority data, your traffic is not prioritized and you might see slower rates too, especially during the peak busy periods.

Like so:

Firstly, could you double-check for us please if you’re receiving the actual rate of 2.6 Mbps set to Data Saver? You’re currently out of priority data, so your internet speeds in general might sometimes get slower, and that can influence your streaming speed, too.

You can use Netflix’s streaming speed test, fast.com.

Regarding your question on: Internet speed to slow

Could you run for us a full speed diagnosis, to double-check if it isn’t something else causing your slow speeds?

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for My Viasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below: