Slow Speeds-Any Advice?

Does anyone have any advice on how to make my speeds quicker? I have experienced slow speeds with Viasat since I started the service in Oct 2023. I recently switched Viasat Unleashed but still experience really slow speeds. I work from home so I need my internet to be reliable. I am in the same room as my modem so it isn’t that! This is from my most recent speed test.

Hi @shelbybraddock94,

I took a look at your account and your speeds at this time look much better:

Around the evening hours it is common to see slower speeds due to network congestion. However, the speed test result you shared seems slower than expected, so I suspect you might have a Wi-Fi issue.

When you get a chance can you please use a laptop or Android phone to run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation and allow us to identify/rule out Wi-Fi issues.

You can find the instructions on how to run it here: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?

Thanks,

Nacho

I just realized you also said this below and read on your history that you called to report offline events. So I took a look at a few other healthy accounts in your area and noticed the same pattern of connectivity errors that appear to be due to weather issues. Would you say you are in a particularly windy location?

Sorry for the delayed response but attached is the speed test from the link that you sent me. Is there anyway to make the speeds quicker so that I can work normally?

Hi @shelbybraddock94

Thanks for sending us the results!

I see however that you were only able to run a device test, this usually happens if: you were not logged into the Speedcheck, or you were not using the Viasat Browser, or you were using an iPhone.

I’m attaching the full guide below, so that you can try the advanced Speedcheck (ie modem + device test) to cross-check the speeds and identify any discrepancies.

CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
  • You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

PS: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhones. If you don’t have an Android mobile device, please run the test on a computer.

This can be a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

If you have any issues while testing, with either the browser or the website, please let us know.

Thanks!