SLOW and Expensive

1100AM or right now would be fine. I just tested it and the Download speed was 1.2MBPS upload was no better. The sooner the better. Our printers don’t even work.

Understood, I’ll be rebooting the modem now and in about 10 minutes it’ll come back online.

Hi @kidkaz ,

Your modem has been rebooted. Please try to run the full speed checks again. :slight_smile:

By the way, I ran some tests on your modem from my side after the reboot, and the speeds look good. Hopefully, your results won’t be too different!

Good Morning, and Thank You. It seems to be a lot better. I guess the Reboot worked.

Thank You so much for the help and have a Great day.

Merry Christmas…………

1 Like

Well it worked pretty good for about a week or so but it’s back to 5.2 MB download from the Modem with a new computer. This is not working for what I have been paying every month. I was getting faster speeds from Hughes Net for a quarter of the price I’m paying now. Re boot it again and that better work longer then a week.

Hi again @kidkaz

Your recent results seem very good, between 35 to 48 Mbps (higher than 30 in both cases):

The result you mentioned showing about 5 Mbps from a few days ago (the last one on the list above) may have been a fluctuation of speeds on the network.

Did you experience any connection drops that day?

Ya, it got a lot better with in an hour of when it was 5.2MG download then went up into the 30s.

1 Like

Also, been getting an Error message when I want to test my Modem.

It looks like the error you saw on the modem speed test is related to an issue we’re seeing with other customers.

The modem team is working on a fix as fast as possible, but if you could do a normal reboot from your side, that may help!

Hopefully, that will solve the Error during the modem speed tests.

Hello again @kidkaz

Regarding your reply on another post:

This is WIFI probably 10 feet away from my Modem. 12.2 MGBS Download and 3.6 MGBS Upload. This is a Joke. You expect me to sit at my desktop with a cord attached then it runs good. Is that your thinking? Not mine, for $226.00 a month I better be able to go outside, up stairs, down stairs with my laptop this needs to be fixed or I want money off my bill because you can’t advertise that you have WIFI because ever time I complain to you about this you always say,
“Hook it up to the Modem” I WANT A FAST WIFI at a speed that I’m paying over $200 dollars a month for. That’s why I dumped HughesNet.
FIX IT or take money off my bill you sure don’t hesitate taking my money every month so figure out why this WIFI don’t work for crap. Last time when you Re-booted it from your side that worked for a while , little more then a week Maybe, figure out why it worked then but did not last? You think?

ms

JITTER

ms

DOWNLOAD

Mbps

UPLOAD

Mbps

Viasat

We can see great speeds from your modem, and only bad speeds from your device. Like my colleague said, this is either due to the distance or a Wi-Fi signal issue on your modem. We asked for the cabled test because if this is a Wi-Fi issue (that is, your cable test is great and shows the same speeds for modem and device), then we may need to replace your modem.

For instance, all your modem tests show a speed higher than your plan speed of 30 Mbps:

But your device speed tests all show bad (or a bit less than the modem’s) speeds.

If this is a Wi-Fi issue proven by using your modem via a cabled connection, then we do intend to fix it. But we can’t prove the issue without the test.

That’s why we’re asking your help to investigate your modem’s signal. If it worked better for a while due to a reboot, then the modem may have a faulty component. If you use a cabled connection and that results in good device speeds, then the modem most likely has a Wi-Fi problem.

Hi @kidkaz

As I mentioned before, the modem working better after a reboot may be indication that it’s faulty. If we can prove that your cabled connection works better than a Wi-Fi connection, that’ll be the first step for a replacement.

I’ll try that cable from the modem again. I did try that before and it ran pretty fast but I will try it again. 2:15 pm SAT

Hi @kidkaz

kidkaz:

Yes I just use your Modem that was installed. Nothing new. For some reason when you Re-booted the network from your side it worked pretty good for a little over a week then right back to Slow WIFI. It was no where near 20MGS but it sure was faster then it was but like I said it was short lived.

As I mentioned before, the modem working better after a reboot may be indication that it’s faulty. If we can prove that your cabled connection works better than a Wi-Fi connection, that’ll be the first step for a replacement.

1 Like

Hi @kidkaz

If you have any results from the test you ran over cable that shows both the device speed and the modem speed, that’d be helpful too!

HI, just did what you said. I’m sure you can see what I got but I hooked the cable to my computer and then to the Modem and this is the speeds I got.

Speed from my Device, 38.1 Mbps Down-load and 5.0 Mbps Up-load.

The Modem was 36.1 Mbps Down-load and 4.89 Mbps Up-load. To bad It’s wasn’t the WIFI.

Those speeds are Great. But like I said I’m not going to sit at my deck top. I use WIFI as my wife as well. We both are not going to sit there at the Modem.

HI, just did what you said. I’m sure you can see what I got but I hooked the cable to my computer and then to the Modem and this is the speeds I got.

Speed from my Device, 38.1 Mbps Down-load and 5.0 Mbps Up-load.

The Modem was 36.1 Mbps Down-load and 4.89 Mbps Up-load. To bad It’s wasn’t the WIFI.

Those speeds are Great. But like I said I’m not going to sit at my deck top. I use WIFI as my wife as well. We both are not going to sit there at the Modem.

YES, Do it. Re-boot it. I’m sick of this. I’ll try anything at this point which I probably already have. Done everything you guys told me to do and it just seems like it’s getting worst.

You can Re-boot it right now…