SLOW and Expensive

For what I’m paying, over $200 a month and I’m getting 37MG download and .04MB Upload
that’s BS. If this keeps happening, I won’t be with ViaSat long.
Also, I’m using my desktop that’s connected to your Modem? My WiFi is 1/2 if that the speed.
This is why I dumped HughesNet, Batters Up…

1 Like

Hi @kidkaz ,

We’re sorry for the situation with your internet. Have you been connecting your desktop via ethernet cable or wirelessly? Could you kindly run an advanced speed check? The advanced speed check shows your device and modem speeds separately, as well as a few other bits of information that can help us better identify the issue. Here’s an article with detailed instructions on how to run it: How to run a speed test from my modem?

Thanks,
Leonardo

SPEED UP THE INTERNET. 1 more week of this crap and I'm done I'm getting 0.05 MB for my Download and it said it couldn't do the up load. Now that's Bad....

• Problem description: Slow download speeds
  • What were you doing?: None of the above

This post was generated on SpeedCheck

Hi @kidkaz,

Based on the speed tests you ran, it looks like your slow speeds might be caused by bad Wi-Fi.

To validate/rule-out this, could you please run a test standing right next to your modem?

Thanks,

Nacho

When I tested it I was at the desk were the Modem is probably 3’ away.

Just tested it again and right next to the Modem and the Download speed was 1.1 MB upload 3.4

That’s very weird, maybe your modem has something off with the Wi-Fi.

Do you have an ethernet cable that you could use to connect your laptop directly to the modem? If yes, could you please do that and run another test? Make sure the Wi-Fi is OFF on your laptop to make sure the laptop uses the wired connection.

Thanks,

Nacho

Hi @kidkaz ,

This is possibly a Wi-Fi signal issue.

To make sure, could you run for us another few tests, but this time with your computer directly connected to the modem with an Ethernet cable and the Wi-Fi connection turned off?

That’ll help us confirm the root of your slow speeds.

Thanks!

Nathalia

I tried that last night because I had a Microsoft Download and WIFI was to slow. I hooked up to the Modem and it was just as slow as you probable could tell it took almost until 1:00 am and I started at early afternoon. There something not right with the Modem?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Hi @kidkaz ,

So last night you tried to do a download and you had to connect directly to the modem, right? Did you also manage to run the full speed checks during that time? I can only find the last test from December 7 on your account.

It’d help us a lot if you could run the speedcheck.viasat.com test on the Viasat Browser, while connected to the modem via cable. That way, we can see the speeds from your modem while we see also the speeds from your device – with a cable connection, they should look almost identical, so that helps us rule out other issues.

Still slow. matter of fact, slower them it was the Modem test gave me this message:

Signal Quality Metrics
Wi-Fi Metrics
Wi-Fi signal strength (RSSI):

Excellent (60 dBm)

Wi-Fi network ID (SSID):

kidkaznet
Satellite Metrics

Speed From Your Modem
Modem MAC Address:

00:A0:BC:70:9D:00

An unexpected error ocurred.

Error description: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

• What were you doing?: Browsing the internet (banking, shopping, etc)

Speed From Your Modem Modem MAC Address:

00:A0:BC:70:9D:00

DOWNLOAD
Mbps

UPLOAD
Mbps

• What were you doing?: Browsing the internet (banking, shopping, etc)

Now I can't even test it from the Modem and yes WIFI is off. This is the new error message I got when I tried again form the Modem COULD NOT CONNECT Couldn’t connect to the server. Please try again.

• Problem description: Slow speeds in both directions
  • What were you doing?: None of the above

Hi @kidkaz

I’ve escalated the issue of your modem speed test error to our Modem Team, and I’m waiting on their reply.

I ran a few speed tests on the modem from my end about 3 hours ago, and the speeds looked better:

Right now, I ran another few tests, and it also seems relatively good:

I’ll check back with you as soon as the Modem support team has a fix for that error, so we can try again.

It’s running better now

Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 Like

Hi @kidkaz

Good to know! Thanks for the feedback.
The Modem team replied that the error you encountered is usually related to a time-out, so if you see it again, you can wait a few minutes to retry the full test.

The speed showed down again and getting Error messages when trying to test it at the Modem. Maybe there still working on it I hope?

Hi @kidkaz

We can try to do a reboot on the modem from our end to see if this error stops.

The full reboot takes about 8–10 minutes, so it’ll be a while before the internet is up again.

Would you like to try that? If so, let me know and I’ll start the process over here. :wink:

Yes, But could you Please let me know when?

Hi @kidkaz

You can give us a specific hour of the day and we’ll run the reboot at that time, if you’d like.

1 Like