Slow after new install

Post created on @Clintonking50 's behalf

Called tech support and they ran the test. There is a tech coming out to look into my issues in a few days

Hi @Clintonking50 ,

Thanks for informing us. We’ll keep an eye on the process and ensure everything works out.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi @Clintonking50,

I see that you are currently getting a technician visit, please let us know if the speeds improve.

Thanks,

Nacho

The tech came out and tried swapping something in the modem a few times, and after removing the grounding line it started to get around 20 mbps? The tech has left, but we now are getting .4mbps upload speeds

Hi @Clintonking50,

This is the speed I’m seeing from your modem:

When you get a chance can you please use a laptop or Android phone to run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation and allow us to identify/rule out Wi-Fi issues.

You can find the instructions on how to run it here: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?

Thanks,

Nacho

This is what I’m getting and the skies are good right now

Hi @Clintonking50 ,

I can see a good part of the speeds are being used up by something else. Do you have any devices connected besides the one you are using to run the tests?

If possible, could you please disconnect all devices but the one running the test and run a new test?

Thanks,
Leonardo