Several weeks issue

Internet is slow. I cant watch one movie but get charged right at 200 a month . The first month was good then i started noticing it slowing down.

Hi @powellbridget

Sorry about this.
Are you experiencing slow speeds in general or only video quality issues?

Whenever you’re streaming something, could you please run a Fast.com test?
This is a tool designed by Netflix to check your video streaming speeds (not the internet connection as a whole).

Netflix’s Video Streaming Speed Test:

Go to fast.com on any browser and wait for the test to run. It’ll look like this when finished:

:exclamation: Make sure to click on “Show More Info” to show the rest of the result:

PS: We don’t have access to your fast.com results,

So please copy and paste them here, or send us a screenshot. :wink:

Also, just to double-check whether this is a problem of the connection as a whole or a video buffering problem, could you also run for us a full speed diagnosis at the same time as the fast.com test?

This is how to do it:

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices. If you don’t have an Android mobile device, please run the test on a computer.

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

Thank you!

Lastly,

Did you experience this video quality issue on different streaming platforms, or on a specific website/app?

Hello again @powellbridget

I have some new information regarding your issue.

While investigating your account, we identified a bad weather event on April 11th that seems to have caused many problems with your setup.

Your antenna is misaligned, and your modem is suffering offline events due to this, along with bad signal quality. You might want to consider attempting a self-repoint.

You can find information about self-repoints here: Can I repoint my Viasat antenna on my own?

If a self-repoint doesn’t sound viable, then we can look into scheduling a technician visit to fix your setup and improve your experience.

The internet is considerably slow everyday and watching a movie is very hard to do. Please Ihave pictures ,speed test of how slow my internet is. You charge me for using more than I pay for and in reality I dont use a fraction of mine. I am closing my account thats all I can do. I will not pay for bad service. I am writing a letter to the disabilty rights and reviews to let them know how you treat

Hi @powellbridget

I’ve messaged you quite a few times here to inform you that your antenna is severely mispointed and causing this speed issue, my last reply to you was on April 22nd (over private message) and the first on April 16th.

I’ll repost the message with the instructions of this issue.

From the private message of April 22nd:

Hi @powellbridget

I messaged you a few times on your public topic last week, but I believe you missed these notifications.

As I mentioned in Several weeks issue - #6 by Nathalia

I have some new information regarding your issue.

While investigating your account, we identified a bad weather event on April 11th that seems to have caused many problems with your setup.

Your antenna is misaligned, and your modem is suffering offline events due to this, along with bad signal quality. You might want to consider attempting a self-repoint.

You can find information about self-repoints here: Can I repoint my Viasat antenna on my own?

If a self-repoint doesn’t sound viable, then we can look into scheduling a technician visit to fix your setup and improve your experience.

As you’ve mentioned being disabled, can I go ahead and request this service call to fix your mispoint and your service?

If you’d rather schedule this yourself, you can call Customer Care (855-463-9333) and speak with one of the agents. They will see the mispoint notification on the system and request a service call right away.

I have had this problem for three months and have been charged over for my bill right at 200 for overuse. I can’t watch a movie to get on the internet half the time. I need someone to fix it. My son-in-law has been here 6 times to turn it that is not the issue. I shouldn’t be charged for very slow internet. I have done everything possible and still got overcharged this month. I have proof I cannot get on the internet right at 100 photos of speed test different times different days and have done all I can to resolve this issue. I need to know the date my service ends because this need to be cancelled. Send me a return box please.

Hi @powellbridget

I completely understand your frustration, but the mispointed antenna (which is indeed severely mispointed and has been for a while now, according to many of our tools) is most likely the cause of all your issues, given that it’s creating modem drops and bad signal quality, which both result in slow speeds.

If you still wish to disconnect, you can contact please call Customer Care for Residential Customers at 855-463-9333. The Forum team can’t cancel the account for you due to legal disclaimers that need to be read.

We really believe your issues could be easily fixed if we simply requested a service call. If you’d like that, let us know that we have approval and we will request one right away.

Like I said before, if you’d rather schedule this yourself, you can call Customer Care (855-463-9333) and speak with one of the agents. They will see the mispoint notification on the system and request a service call right away.

When the service call is done, you can also request the agents to check whether a full refund is possible.

For public knowledge, issue moved to: No internet speed at all