Pretty much impossible to stream

We just moved to the area and signed up for Viasat as other services were not available here. Streaming has been pretty much impossible ever since we set it up. We have the 100MB plan and have purchased extra data and still all we get is constant buffering or the streaming service just quits and tells us it can’t run the program. We really don’t want to have to go through the hassle of finding a new provider but if this continues we will have to.

1 Like

Hi @lorindadonovan1 ,

From what I can see, there seems to be a hardware fault in your antenna, which might be causing these issues. I’ve escalated your case and you should be contacted soon to schedule a technical visit. Please note this visit should be free of charge since you have Easy Care.

I’d also like to add that from what I can see, you’ve purchased more data while you still had plenty of high speed data left over. This extra data purchase is usually meant for when customers run out of their high speed data.

You can check how much high speed data you have left by going to your My Viasat page.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi @lorindadonovan1 ,

I can see here in our system that you have rejected the technical visit scheduling. From our investigation there is a hardware fault in your antenna that is affecting your network performance, and the visit is meant to solve that.

Is there a reason for your refusal of the visit?

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi Leo –

I’m sorry, I got the tech call before seeing your email. So I told them no. Sorry about that. If you could have them call me again I’ll schedule it.

Thanks,
Lorinda Donovan

Hi @lorindadonovan1 ,

No problem! They should call you again soon for scheduling.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi @lorindadonovan1 ,

From what I can see in our system, it seems you’ve received the technical visit successfully. Could you let us know if the problem has been solved?

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi Leo –

Yes, the tech came out and I think replaced a part on the dish. Streaming is working much better now, haven’t had any buffering or quitting out so I think we’re good to go.

Thanks for your help,
Lorinda