"power outage" pop-up

Yesterday and today, our service has been terrible while streaming movies. I’ve checked on the app and keep getting a pop-up that there’s a power outage. I’m assuming something is wrong with the Viasat satellite, because there is no power outage here.
I called customer service and requested Viasat replenish some of my high speed data but the person I spoke to had no authority to do that stuff. Starlink is another satellite option here. I think Viasat should consider that and do the right thing for their customers.

Hi @dale.gottlieb,

Sorry about this experience.

I tried to look into your issue but couldn’t find your account on our system, so I sent you a private message for you to securely provide some additional info so that we can find it.

Thanks,

Nacho

Hi @dale.gottlieb,

Based on our analysis there isn’t a network outage affecting your account. Can you please check if the source of power that the modem is connected to is working? I would recommend trying a different outlet or (if you are using a power strip) trying to connect the modem directly to the outlet on the wall.

Thanks,

Nacho

I did that. We do get wi-fi, but streaming is awful—constant buffering.

Hi @dale.gottlieb ,

Thanks for your reply. Could you kindly run an advanced speed check - The advanced one shows both modem and device speeds - and one test from fast.com? The advanced speed check will test your general speeds while fast.com will test your video streaming speeds, this will help us analyze the situation.

You can find instructions on how to run the advanced speed check here: How to run a speed test from my modem

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi,
I won’t be able to run those test until the weekend, when I’ll be back at our place.
I’ll let you know what I find out.

Thanks,

Dale

1 Like