Newly Assigned static IP not working

since the system switch Dec. 13th we were knock off-line. We initially setup a dynamic IP but the IP never changed 5+ years? were we using a persistent IP instead??
So we added the static IP several days ago and even after we re-configure the router for the static IP still no service.

Note that the IP that was assign will not answer a ping. The unit would always answer a ping. Also went we went back to dynamic got the IP from “What’s My IP” that IP answered a ping and … we had service just not the inbound service we need. We called the 855-313-4111 number, talked with a support tech and were told … Nope everything looks good from here. ??? Not from my end

Hi @tmoon ,

Could you kindly confirm if you have rebooted both your modem and router after configuring the static IP on the router?

Also, after connecting to the router, are you able to ping any addresses such 8.8.4.4 or public websites such as x.com and https://www.starbucks.com ?

Thanks,
Leonardo

yes the modem was rebooted after re-config, also the tech i spoke with on Friday said he sent a reboot to the modem. The router was rebooted after each time we changed config

The only time we had service was when the router was put back into dynamic mode, not using the static IP. - this was on Friday when we had a person on site.

Hello Leonardo

yes the modem was rebooted after re-config, also the tech i spoke with on Friday said he sent a reboot to the modem. The router was rebooted after each time we changed config

The only time we had service was when the router was put back into dynamic mode, not using the static IP. - this was on Friday when we had a person on site

We didn’t try to ping anything from behind the router, we had a laptop connected to it and just try to access internet.

Tom

Hi @tmoon

If possible, could you try pinging the examples I gave after configuring the static IP again? We’d like to rule out any possible DNS issues.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Leonardo

Since the station is 40 minutes away, we would have to send someone down there, which we will do. Would it be possible to reach you by phone when we get there?

tom

Unfortunately we won’t be able to provide phone support at this time, but I will be paying close attention to your messages to answer in a timely manner.

Thanks,
Leonardo

OK We tried pinging 8.8.4.4 and our office address with no luck. Then we rebooted everything and still no luck.

We checked the setting again on the router and all is set to the parameters set to us… shall we verify them with you?

Hi @tmoon ,

please share all the parameters via a direct message to me, I’ll escalate your case.

Thanks,
Leonardo

For public knowledge, the customer’s issue was solved via private message.
If you have a similar issue, please start a new topic.