New installation slow speeds

installed a couple weeks ago and speeds extremely slow at times. I rarely gets speeds of 50mbps usually between 10 and 30 but sometimes between 0.40 and 5mbps. in fact it gets so bad at times it loses signal all together and modem sits there with flashing white light. have run several speed tests while logged into the ViaSat browser. Tech said we had an excellent signal when he installed. I’d hate to see what speeds you get with a bad signal. help please.

Hi @trhoades_50

Sorry about this experience you’re having with Viasat, and thanks for running all those Speedchecks – it helps a lot :slight_smile:

We confirmed that your modem is having frequent drops and downtime.

Has there been bad weather in your area recently? It looks like this has been happening since your install, and our system says your modem is experiencing weather-related issues and errors.

the speed tests I ran this morning were with bright and sunny skies and not a cloud in the sky and still had the same issues

Hi, @trhoades_50,

When you have a chance can you run a speed test again? We made some changes in your network (it might take up to one hour for the updates to apply).

Please let us know if you notice any difference in the speeds.

Thanks

Hi @trhoades_50

Were you able to run a few more speed tests?
Are you still experiencing slowness after the changes applied last week?

Please let us know if you still need assistance with this issue,
Thanks! :slight_smile: