My Viasat App for cellphone "Help" will not work

Viasat is supposed to have a “Help” feature on the My Viasat App so we can check Network Status, Modem, Alignment, or Reboot Modem. It is missing. Where did it go? We need this to determine if VIASAT System has an issue or our Modem has an issue. Up unit 2 weeks ago it worked somewhat.

I just checked and how odd, My Help also is too missing, just stay’s on a white screen, Maybe a software bug happen?

1 Like

Hi @heididog

Do you mean this section?

I checked your account and your speeds are very good at this moment:

Have you been experiencing any technical issues?

VIASAT needss to keep customers informed about system down issues preferably on a site not linked through VIASAT. I’ve noticed over my 6 years with them that they seem to do maintenance about 3:00am eastern. I can understand that but customers need to know what’s going on instead of pulling their hair out guessing and rebooting etc. That really has been my main issue other than that works fine.

1 Like

Hi @heididog

There was an update on the MyViasat app specifically done earlier today, so this blank screen should be gone by tomorrow at most.

However, I see that your modem is having many offline events and drops in signal quality, starting on January 04. I’ll escalate this issue to check if you’ll need a service call.

Uninstall and reinstall, Fixed it for me!

1 Like

Hi @heididog ,

We’ve escalated the drops in signal quality you had and they seem to be happening due to the major weather issues. Regarding the my Viasat section, could you try doing what @Mannyrue suggested and check if it works?

Thanks,
Leonardo

OK The HELP page is back up . Thanks. I just ran a check from it and my results say al GREEN checks… I do think I know what you are talking about on the drop outs as several times a day banner pops up off line and immediately pops up restored. But I notice no drop off in browsing, youtube, podcast etc. If I remember right I signed up under Excede in late 2017 or possibly early 2018 and other than my Modem going bad the first week and quickly replaced it’s done great. So electronics wise it is an old modem. I think I may have located the source of that problem. I was just looking at the box and one of the coax connector s was loose and knocked me off line when I picked the modem up. I tightened the connector up there are about 3 places it can come loose connecting to the box the was the first connector inside the house about 5 inches from the modem. BTW we did have a heavy snow last week however I kept the dish and LNB brushed off. If VIASAT feels it needs to make a trouble call though all my contact info is current and up to date. Thanks.

1 Like

Just got another Connection restored pop up on my PC so it wasn’t the connector I tightened triggering it. The pop ups have been happening for a while but not interfering. On my end as soon as Off line banner Pops Up Restored is a 3-5 seconds after it. It’s happening on another device w ll I’m told.

1 Like

Hi @heididog ,

From what our team reported, this seems to be happening due to the harsh weather conditions that have been happening as of late. Have these “Connection restored” pop-ups been happening for a long time or have you noticed them starting when the weather got worse?

Thanks,
Leonardo

The pop ups started maybe a month ago. They were about 5 seconds in duration and I never noticed any actual service loss. However I think that issue was probably fixed last night after I tightened the very loose connectors on the coax feeding the modem back up. There are three connectors on the last 5 inches of coax going into my modem and have been there since install. One coax and the adapters needed to fit the modem. Then I only got one more message a couple minutes afterwards. So I then also reset the WI-FI network adapter on my computer and it has not popped up again. Yes sometimes I loose service in downpours and I expect that I also loose Direct TV service at the same time so that explains that issue. The weather related outages have usually lasted 15-60 minutes at the most when it is pouring rain. AS I said I expect it too and understand when that happens.

1 Like

Hi, @heididog,

Got it, thanks for the feedback. If you find any other issue please let us know.

I’m marking this topic as solved but feel free to report again if needed.