My internet is way too slow

My internet is too slow even when my plan renews it laggs it loses signal and wont allow my laptop to connect i dont even really use it i use my phone 95% of the time and would just like to cancel my service y have service i cant even use. I dont want to pay for something thT doesnt even work and i dont think its fair i have to pay for the cancellation when its not my fault its the service fault so can we take care of the cancelation please

Hi, @ssluyet85,

I’m investigating now what’s happening to your internet, so we can try to fix it ASAP.

Once I have some feedback I’ll let you know here.

However, if indeed you decide to cancel, you’ll need to call the customer care line at 855-463-9333 (we can not process this type of request here in the forum).

Thanks

@ssluyet85,

Just a quick question: your modem is turned on now, right?

Hi, @ssluyet85,

How are the speeds now? I see that you are out of priority data, so I’ll add some extra data for you (free of charge) to investigate the issue.

You’ll receive an email regarding the extra data, but you can disregard that (I’ll add the correspondent credits to your next bill).

@ssluyet85,

Now that you have priority data again, please run a speed test from your modem as follows:
1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test (wait for both tests - modem and device - to complete)

Once you complete those steps we’ll be able to access the results.

Thanks!

I didn’t ask you to put more data and to add anything to my new bill. I don’t want to pay for more data period u did not have authorization to add data and expect me to pay for it. It don’t matter if I have more data or my regular 60 gig it goes slow lags and kicks us off so we can’t use laptops or the TV. It does the same thing when my service renews and I have all my data fix this or I want to cancel and no penalties for doing so thank u

Hello @ssluyet85

As my colleague explained, this Data Boost is free of charge (you’ve received a credit of the same amount and you won’t pay for the extra data), and it helps us troubleshoot your speeds.

If you run out of high-speed data, your traffic is not prioritized and you might see slower rates, especially during the peak busy periods.

You currently have a plan of only 60GBs of high-speed data, and you’re going past that after every billing cycle renewal – so your speeds can down again when you reach the standard unlimited data.

So we have two alternatives here, if you find yourself going through all your high-speed data frequently and experiencing much lower speeds:

1. You can sign up for our Data Saver Feature experiment, which is free and helps you save lots of high-speed data:

2. Or you can switch to a plan with more high-speed data. These are the ones currently available for you (you can check them all on the “Usage” tab on the MyViasat app):

I told u I’m not paying for a higher service I’m on a set income and with the internet 60 gigs it should b good enough even with just hitting regular speeds. I’m not going to continue to pay for spotty service and not being able to do what I need to do online cause ur internet service sucks. So If the service isn’t going to get better than I think it’s only fair yall cancel my service without penalty. I’m very dissatisfied with ur service.

Hi @ssluyet85 ,

I understand your frustration. It would be worth your while to try out the free Data Saver Experiment before deciding on the disconnect. Your speeds tend to be lower when you run out of high-speed data, so saving on your usage would help out a lot.

If you wish to go ahead with the disconnect, you can cancel your plan with the Customer Care Agents at 855-463-9333 – our Forum team unfortunately can’t cancel for you due to the legal disclaimers that have to be read and agreed to.

The free data saver so I won’t b able to use my internet with it I shouldn’t have to worry about my data period with high or low however even with all my data it’s still slow kicking me off and everything and if I pay 100 a month that’s alot of money for not even using my data like I should b able to it’s a waste of money I use my phone internet more than I do home internet and y pay for something I don’t even use cause it won’t work half the time

Hi @ssluyet85

The Data Saver experiment only slows your video streaming speeds, like with streaming services such as Netflix, HBO MAX, etc. It would not affect your normal internet usage – but it would help you save up the high-speed data from that usage so that you don’t fall into the standard unlimited data.

After 60 GB of data usage, we may prioritize your data behind other customers during network congestion which will likely result in slower speeds – so it would help you out a lot if you don’t reach the 60 GBs of usage.