Low speeds. Paying for 150 getting 11

I’m paying for up to 150 Mbps. I understand it won’t be that all the time but my most recent speed check was 11mbps. All I have connected is my ps5 through an Ethernet line and my phone. Why is it so slow? I’m only 4 days into my contract and still well under the household average data usage. So, what’s the deal?

Hi @Hamrick.Caleb

I’m sorry for this experience you’re having with Viasat.

Did the slow speeds start yesterday or did you notice them since the date of installation?

I checked your account and it seems right now multiple customers in your region are experiencing a very degraded signal quality, caused by the recent weather events.

It looks like your modem has gone totally offline this morning. As it is, we can’t use our tools to investigate your modem and setup in-depth right now.

We’ll keep an eye on your account and will get back on track as soon as this current outage is resolved. Apologies! :confused:

The issues started yesterday. This morning we have been without power for quite some time, but I believe it is finally back on. Please let me know when you are able to do something on your rent. Hopefully, this will be resolved quickly. Thank you.

Hi @Hamrick.Caleb ,

I noticed that your signal looks more stable now, and your modem is delivering great speeds!

Have you noticed an improvement in your overall experience since yesterday?

Thanks,
Isabela

Yes I have! Thank you for whatever you did on your end. It seems to have helped quite a bit. :+1:t2:

1 Like

That’s great! Thank you for informing us.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you encounter any further issues.