Live Buffering Issue

Watching Samsung Live TV+ and intermittent buffering. Ran fast.com on the TV and got 2.8 and 2.4.

Hi @ZVanT99 ,

From what I can see on our systems, the quality set for your data saver is still 4.5, so the problem may be somewhere else. How was your network when you had these buffering issues? Did you perform any test besides fast.com ones or did you notice any sort of slowness when browsing other websites?

Thanks,
Leonardo

TV was the only connected device. This morning fast shows 4.0 and no buffering at all.

Hi @ZVanT99 ,

this seems to have been an oscillation on your overall internet speeds, quite possibly caused by bad weather from what I can see in our systems. If the issue returns, please let us know as soon as possible and we’ll be more than happy to investigate and help you with it.

Thanks,
Leonardo

I now have a computer running and buffering has become regular. Trying to watch Pluto TV and movie stops and starts frequently.

Hi @ZVanT99

Can you check what Pluto TV’s automatic video quality is set to? If it’s too high, it may be conflicting with Data Saver.

First, open the Pluto TV app on your device and click on the gear icon located at the top right corner of your screen. This will take you to the settings menu.

Once you’re on the settings menu, scroll down until you see “Video Quality” and click on it. This will give you three options – Auto, SD (Standard Definition), and HD (High Definition). If this is set to Auto or HD, then Pluto TV may be trying to stream and buffer at higher quality.

Please try setting the quality to SD if it isn’t already, and check if the streaming suffers less buffering than before. :slight_smile:

There is no setting for video quality on Pluto TV. I have checked on the Samsung App, iPhone App and website.

Hi @ZVanT99

I double-checked and PlutoTV is rate-limited by Data Saver normally, so it should be getting the 4.5 Mbps that your configuration is set to.

Do you recall the specific time that you were using PlutoTV? Sometimes the general internet speeds go down a bit during the peak period (evenings), so that could have influenced the buffering.

Your initial post said that fast.com was showing less than 3.0 Mbps during the evening, right? So it’s worth investigating if that’s the cause of slower speeds.

Hi again @ZVanT99

We’ve made a small change to your network configuration – in theory, it should solve the buffering issue when Data Saver is going below the speed it’s supposed to.

Can you run another few tests on fast.com during different periods of the day?

Thanks!

Yes, it was evening, which I think is when many desire to watch TV. You should have enough capacity to allow for that.

About 5:300pm. Fast.com shows 4.1. Seems like no buffering at the moment. Will try more later in the evening.

TV and apparently info:

Thanks for working on this.

1 Like

Fast is showing 4.1 yet Disney+ keeps stopping saying something went wrong.

It restarts, but then stops again after several minutes.

Hi @ZVanT99

Were you able to run the fast.com tests also during the morning/afternoon?

Ran it just now(afternoon) and still got 4.1.

1 Like

Hi, @ZVanT99,

Is the issue only affecting Disney+ now? Are other channels/apps working fine?

Looks like everything is working now. Able to stream On the TV and reasonable speed on the computer connection, all without huge data usage. Just got moved in and setup the computers, so will be interesting to see how the rest of the month goes and what the impact of using standard data speed will be.

Really appreciate even having an option to have internet at all.

1 Like

Hi, @ZVanT99,

Got it, thanks for the feedback. If you need anything else, please let us know by creating a new topic here in the forum.