Internet speed issues

My speed is horrible. I cant do anything on the internet. I run a business from home and this affects it greatly. My phone service has even been having issues. Im ready to go to starlink. To pay almost $300 a month and not have any better internet then this is horrible. What can i do to fix this?

Hi @missmelaniev88 ,

From what I can see, a good part of your speeds are being lost due to Wi-Fi issues:

Could you please run another test closer to the router to verify if this discrepancy is reduced?

Also, from what I see you might benefit from the new Viasat Unleashed plans, if they are available in your area. To verify, please check your My Viasat app for availability. Please rest assured that this is just a suggestion, we’ll keep troubleshooting your issues regardless of whether you choose to change your plan or not.

Thanks,
Leonardo

This is with my phone about an inch from the router.

Hi @missmelaniev88 ,

To confirm some more things, can you run the tests at a different time, say, in the morning?

Thanks,
Leonardo

This is from 2 different days, morning time and noon time.

Hi @missmelaniev88 ,

Thank you for sending those. We’ll investigate and follow up with you as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hello @missmelaniev88 ,

We’ve investigated a lot and everything points to a Wi-Fi issue, so the solution is probably to get a good external router.

Within the Forum we often recommend these 2 Router alternatives to use along Viasat SB2+ Modems (the one your setup uses):

These are both very good Routers and help in amplifying the Wi-Fi range and quality throughout an average-sized house.

Thanks,
Leonardo

What abouy a mesh wifi router? I have a garage that is about 150ft from my house and i use a wifi extender to reach it. Would it be better to use a mesh router to help coverage with the garage?

Hi @missmelaniev88 ,

a mesh router setup should work well for that, it can probably extend your coverage if you find the right positioning for the routers.

Thanks,
Leonardo