I am having slow internet issues.How can I improve my speed?

I am having slow internet issues.How can I improve my speed?

Hi @girahs

Sorry about this experience you’re having with Viasat.

Just to confirm, are you having slow speeds recently, or did this start a while ago? Do you notice if the slowness happens in different periods of the day?

I see that you’ve run out of high-speed data, so this may be linked to your slow speeds:

Do you often use streaming or other video-based apps? If yes, you might be interested in our free Data Saver feature: Announcing the Data Saver Feature Experiment!

By the way – you’ve currently used 151 GBs, so you might be interested in other plans with a higher data allowance, as yours is only 12 GBs. :slight_smile:

Hi again @girahs

I see that your high-speed data will reset tomorrow:

When that happens, can you please run a full Speedcheck, so we can verify if the cause of your slow speeds was being out of data?

You can follow our guide: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?

Thanks!

PS: don’t forget to check out the free Data Saver feature if you frequently run out of high-speed data due to streaming apps! :wink:

Hi @girahs

Are you still experiencing slow speeds? Were you able to run any speed tests?

Has your connection gotten any better after the high-speed data allowance was renewed a few days ago?

Please let us know if you still need assistance with this issue,

Thanks!

A reminder:

Yes, exceptionally slower than it has been in the last few years after data runs out. Seems like you slowed it down even more :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi @girahs

I see that you haven’t run any new Speedchecks since July 2nd, when you first posted. As your high-speed data was reset a few days ago, could you run a few more tests for us?

It’d be helpful to verify the hypothesis that your previous slow speeds were due to having run out of high-speed data.

Thanks!