How to get faster upload speeds

Hey, I am getting about 40 Mbps download and around 5 Mbps upload speed. My upload speed however is not allowing me to share my screen during video calls. Is there any way to speed up my upload speed?

Hi @Jeremy8,

When you get a chance can you please use a laptop or Android phone to run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation and allow us to identify/rule out Wi-Fi issues.

You can find the instructions on how to run it here: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi @jeremy8

When you experienced this issue, were you using a specific application (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, Skype etc.)? Or does this happen on any video-conference tool?

Your account seems healthy, but it’s worth running the SpeedChecks to confirm whether there’s something else causing your issues. :slight_smile:

PS: All Viasat plans offer “Upload speeds up to 3 Mbps”, so there is no way to increase this. Sometimes you’ll see higher upload speeds, but it depends on a lot of external factors and isn’t guaranteed.

I was trying to share my screen on Microsoft teams

Hi @jeremy8 ,

There is a sort of lag that happens specifically when using a Viasat connection with Microsoft Teams, which our teams have been working very hard to solve, however, there is no solution for now.

We understand this is not ideal and apologize for this issue in your usage.

Thanks,
Leonardo