Historical data usage by month

How do I get historical data usage by month, for example, how much data was consumed in January, February, March….

The MyViasat app does not offer this info, data consumption is not listed on the billing statement, and a tech said she cannot get that information.

How do I get historical data consumption per billing period? At a minimum I need the previous six billing periods but would like 18 months,mand really, all consumption data since we started the service.

Thank you.

Don

Hi @Donwallbaum1 ,

Thank you for your contact! I will verify with the relevant team if that information is available somewhere and I’ll get back to you soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions about your usage, you can give us your consent to look at your usage data and we can verify it for you.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi @Donwallbaum1,

On the My Viasat app, if you go to the Plan & Usage tab you will see a graph of your usage in the last month. Then if you click “Daily” you will be able to change the dates on the calendar on top of the graph. You should be able to see your usage for the past 3 months. Please take a look at this screenshot below:

Could you please try that? I believe this feature was recently released on My Viasat, so we would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Nacho

Thank you for your timely response -yes, please feel free to access whatever usage information you need.

I am honestly confused why history data is not readily available. This seems so basic.

Thx!

Don Wallbaum

Hi Nacho,

Thank you for your update. I went to Plan and Usage, and yes, with a stretch of logic, I do see three billing periods of DAILY consumption, but what I want is the MONTHLY consumption. To get the figure I want I have to add 30-day consumption rates, which makes NO sense.

So please have your people have another go at this: MONTHLY consumption for all subscription periods, going back to first contract date.

Thank you.

Don Wallbaum

Hi @Donwallbaum1,

This observation makes total sense, I will pass this feedback along to the My Viasat app team.

I will escalate this issue to see if we can have another team help us run this report. Although I must say that there might be technical constraints that prevent us from gathering data beyond the past 3 billing cycles.

If you provide some additional details we can probably make a better attempt to get you useful data. Are you trying to compare the total usage for each billing cycle?

Thanks,

Nacho

Hi Nacho,

The reason for my inquiry is an announcement that Viasat will be raising fees. In view of that increase, I want to see if a cheaper plan will work for us. To do that, I need some usage history to see what, in a typical month, I am consuming and if a downgrade makes sense.

I have seen that Viasat support can give a breakdown on what devices are consuming how much data. So while I appreciate that level of detail, it also poses confusion regarding the lack of overall consumption patterns. All of this should be available on a dashboard that I can reference on your site.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Don Wallbaum

Hi @Donwallbaum1,

I understand, thanks for the detailed explanation. I’ll see what we can get you, and hope to have an update by the end of the day.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi @Donwallbaum1,

I’m sorry we took so long to reply with this info.

Unfortunately I was only able to gather the amounts for the 2 billing cycles before the one you are currently on:

• march 20th - april 19th: 90.21 GB
  • april 20th - may 19th: 87.70 GB

Is this info useful?

Thanks.

Thank you, that is the information I was looking for.

This should be a standard metric on a dashboard.

I appreciate your perseverance!

Don

1 Like

Hello, @Donwallbaum1

Glad to see we were able to give you the data you needed. Given that, would it be okay if we considered your issue solved?

Thanks,

Gregório

Yes, you can close the ticket, again, my thanks.

Don Wallbaum