Highly irregular buffering tonight

Tried all my usual tricks to get around buffering problems tonight. Nothing worked. Started heavily a little after 8 pm. I’m on ethernet cable from modem. Fast.com speeds are terrible. Speedtest showed bad speeds. Modem stats looked good even with cloudy condititions… Probably problem is on your end. You have my permission to run all tests needed.

Your info is appreciated.

Hi, @geo,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I’ll check that now and once I have some updates I’ll let you know.

Hi, @geo,

At this moment I could not find any particular issue with your terminal or service area. Could you run some modem speed tests? Here are the instructions:

1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test (wait for both tests - modem and device - to complete)

Let me know when you have a chance to run the tests. Also, could you send me the speed test results from fast.com?

Thanks!

Thanks Mr. Anderson,

The buffering issue went away about 45 minutes after I reported the issue. Everything is good now. Just a little irritating when I’m trying to watch a live event. The buffering issue does seem to happen almost daily from about 5-9 pm. Most days I go through my list of things to try and have some success. Last night was a nogo. You can close this report. I do try refreshing the browser first.
And buffering continues I go to fast.com. If that goes bad I’ll run a speedtest. Haven’t captured the results lately but will if buffering gets worse.

I’ve been writing it off to a overtaxed system at what probably is a heavy internet traffic time.

thanks

Hi, Geo.

Would you mind informing us of the specific app in which you’re having the buffering issue? It might be due to heavy traffic at that time, but it could also be something related to the app (we can try to check that).

Always Firefox on a windows 10 laptop. no other users. running ethernet cable from modem. Last night a browser refresh solved all buffering issues… all software running latest versions. Thought websites I stream video might be experiencing high traffic. Probably what happened watching live event when I reported this issue.

thanks again

1 Like