False "You've used all of your high-speed data" message

I see that my response by email also showed up on the forum.

Hi @Pfox9910 ,

no problem, I’ve deleted the message showing your e-mail as I’ve already sent it to our personnel. Thank you very much!

Best,
Leonardo

Hi @Pfox9910 ,

I’ve sent you a Direct Message with a new request for information, sorry for so many questions!

Thanks,
Leonardo

I’m not seeing the request Leo in either my email or in the forum. Please resend.
Ken

Hi @Pfox9910 ,

I see you’ve found the direct message.

I’m documenting this whole situation to report to the “My Viasat” team so they can verify what’s happening with the app.

One additional question: Does the app behave like that on every device and when you log in to My Viasat through your browser instead of an app?

Thanks,
Leonardo

It does show that when I log in to my viasat on my computer. Here is a screen shot of that.

Ken

Thank you very much for that @Pfox9910 .

I’ve documented and compiled everything you reported of your bad experience with these My Viasat messages and usage and I’ve sent them to the My Viasat personnel. Once we have updates I’ll let you know. We really appreciate your patience and cooperation in this!

Best,
Leonardo

Hi @Pfox9910,

We heard back from the My Viasat team, they mentioned that the “Data usage alert” you continue to see after you buy more data is a bug/glitch. They are adding it to their list of fixes to complete in the next few weeks, so it will hopefully be resolved in May.

They also mentioned that they have gotten a lot of feedback from customers and are already working to redesign the way in which data usage is summarized (graphs and statistics) to make it easier to understand. So we hope that these changes go into effect in the next months.

Until then, we asked if there are any workarounds that you could use to keep track of how much priority data you have left. We hope to have an update soon.

Thanks for your feedback and for your patience.

Nacho

Hi @Pfox9910,

Good news! The My Viasat team has already fixed the bug that caused the “Data usage alert” message to appear even when you had purchased more high-speed data.

You should no longer see this alert (below) when you buy more data:

Thanks!

Nacho

Thanks so much for staying with it until it was fixed! How can I give you credit for doing this?
Ken

Hi @Pfox9910 ,

We are glad we could help! Our forum is new, so we really appreciate all efforts to help us grow our community to continue solving issues for our customers :slight_smile:

The best way to help us (and help our team get credit) would be by posting a positive review of My Viasat on the app store. It would especially be useful if in the review you encouraged other customers with issues to report their issues on our forum (forum.viasat.com).

If you use Android, you’ll need to post the review on the Google Play Store, if you use iPhone you’ll need to post on the Apple App Store.

Thanks again!

Nacho