Blue LED but no Connection

Aloha, I have the blue LED and there are no service interruptions in my area. I can get WIFI but no cable connection. I tried a new cable from modem to computer, tried uninstalling network, rebooted Modem several time, reset Modem, tried other computer and still the same. Viasat customer service tried rebooting and verified that a service tech needed to come out (and charge $95.00 service call). Any other suggestions? thanks Francis

Hi @spdas108 ,

When using the cabled connection, are you plugging it into the modem or the router? Viasat modems when used alongside a router are put into a mode called bridge mode, which makes it so that only the port hooked to the router works (it essentially disables its routing capabilities), so if you are hooking the cable to the modem, try hooking the cable to the router instead. If you’ve already been connecting directly to the router or if you don’t have an external router, please disregard this suggestion.

If your modem has multiple ports, you can try changing to other ports to check if it works.

Thanks,
Leonardo

No Router, just Modem. tried different ports, still constant blue led, so does that not say everything up to the modem is OK? Still have unidentified network - no internet. But only Viasat Wifi. Is there something I could have selected in the modem/router setup that is effecting this? I used a paperclip to “reset” the modem. thanks Francis

Aloha, all fixed. I must have set a bad setting on the router and I Did not push the reset button on the modem for the required 70 seconds. All is well now except the Terminal Server issue. Thanks Leoardo

Hi @spdas108 ,

thank you for your update. Now that this is resolved do you need help with anything else? If you want you can elaborate on what you mean by Terminal Server issue.

Thanks,
Leonardo