Blue circle but no internet

Could you please reset me/reenter me into the network/whatever you can do?
There’s a blue light on my modem, a wifi signal, but no internet on my devices (multiple).

Thank you. I’m not at home and unable to troubleshoot from my end but I did turn it off and back on.

Hi @user7 ,

I noticed that your area experienced bad weather yesterday, which may have impacted your network experience and resulted in slower speeds, potentially affecting your ability to connect your devices.

However, your modem is online and exhibiting good speeds!

Also, there is no record of you turning it off and back on, did you try to do it remotely?

Besides that, could you confirm whether you have a separate router connected to your modem or if you are utilizing the integrated router within the modem itself?

Thanks,
Isabela

No, it’s still not working for me. I use the integrated router with the modem. I turned it off and back on this morning about 7 a.m.

Hi @user7 ,

It appears that you may be experiencing a WiFi-related issue.

I understand that you’re unable to troubleshoot at the moment, but when you have the opportunity, could you please run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation.

Here are some instructions to run the test: How to run a speed test from my modem?

Thanks,
Isabela

1 Like

It would load the page and then in the box where it has the green “go” button is said no network connection try again.
i put an old router on the exede box and it works now though. so i guess it’s an internal router problem. can i get a new box?

Hi @user7 ,

I’ve made some adjustments on our end to ensure the proper functioning of your modem. It may take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Could you please test the modem routing again after this time period?

Also, even if a modem swap is necessary, it is always recommended that you use an external router with your modem to improve your experience, since the internal one has a limited range, and an external router can help improve network coverage.

Thanks,
Isabela

1 Like